Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday November 4, 2011

I hope everyone had a great week. I enjoyed meeting with most parents this week to discuss the progress of your child. We have a phenomenal group of students and I am proud of each and every one of them!

Grade 1's learned a new sight word today. The word is something. Please practice this word with your child over the weekend.

A reminder that next week is Remembrance Day and there will be no school on Friday. Our Remembrance Day assembly will take place on Thursday November 10th at 10:45 am. Our class will be performing a short poem with Mrs. Sandhu's class during the assembly. Parents are welcome to attend. This is the poem we will be performing if you wish to practice at home:

Little Poppy

Little poppy, little poppy
Given to me,
Help keep Canada
Safe and free.

I'll wear a little poppy
As red as red can be,
To show that I remember
Those who fought for me.

Thanks so much and have a fantastic weekend!!!

Mrs. G